Digitally Proficient Investigator (DPI)
In this customised Digitally Proficient Investigator training course, participants are given a complete picture of everything that involves policing in relation with digital aspects and cybercrime. After the training, the participants will be able to use modern investigative techniques. They can also recognise opportunities within the digital domain from their role as an investigator.
In addition, they will improve their general understanding of ‘cyber’ and digital investigation. The participants know how to assess digital traces and know how to avoid hazards to lose information. They are also able to responsibly investigate telephone data and take the first measures at a digital crime scene.
For whom is this training intended?
This training is suitable for detectives/ investigators working within investigation teams associated with major crime, organized crime, thematic enforcement, etc.
What do you learn during the training?
- Conducting a simple data investigation.
- Using common investigation programmes.
- Basic concepts around digital investigation and cyber.
- What the world of cryptocurrency and the dark web looks like.
- Minimising harm risks in Internet and on-site investigation.
- The basic concepts of interception.
- Handling of digital traces.
- Entering a digital crime scene responsibly.
The training is a combination of e-learning and classroom training.