Fast-paced i2 iBase User
From October, DataExpert Academy will offer the opportunity to take a fast-paced version of the i2 Base User training. Its content is the same as the regular i2 iBase User training, but the difference is that it is delivered in three classroom days and one module of self-study via e-learning, instead of four classroom days and one module of self-study via e-learning. This means the teaching materials are covered at a faster pace with a higher degree of independence.
The i2 iBase User program allows you to store, visualise and search investigation data from many different sources in a relational way. Combined with i2 Analyst's Notebook, it is possible to further analyse this data. In this training, you will learn how to use i2 iBase User as a tool to solve issues such as 'Find out if the people matching the personal profile may know each other'. The examples and issues come from police practice (car theft, human trafficking, drug trafficking, murder and robbery) and from the financial sector (financial fraud, identity fraud, skimming, forgery, money laundering).
What do you learn during the training?
- Creating new records by manually entering data in entity and link fields
- Displaying records, comparing, sorting and searching for duplicates
- Comprehensive data search, including Browse, Queries, Search 360 and Scored Matching
- Entering data with data sheets, making data entry more efficient and less prone to errors
- Importing records from a text file or from another application such as MS Excel or MS Access
- Editing or deleting large numbers of records
- Creating and analysing sets
- Exporting records
- Displaying data and investigating links in an i2 iBase Link Chart and in i2 Analyst's Notebook
- Working with relevant i2 Analyst's Notebook tools and options related to interfacing with i2 iBase, e.g. generating timelines in i2 Analyst's Notebook and expanding
Note: we recommend taking this training after the i2 Analyst's notebook training.
For whom is this training intended?
The training is intended for investigators and analysts who are (or will be) involved in entering, analysing and visualising investigation data in a relational way (for tactical, strategic or operational analysis). i2 iBase User is used (usually in combination with i2 Analyst’s Notebook) by analysts from the police, defence, large private or government organisations, banks, non-profits and insurance companies.
Questions to help you decide whether fast-paced training or regular training is right for you:
- Do you have experience with i2 iBase?
- Do you have experience with other database programs?
- Do you have experience with programming languages (SQL, Python, Matlab, Java)?
- Would you describe yourself as digitally savvy?
- Can you familiarise yourself with new topics quickly?
- Do you know what a relational database is?
- Do you know the difference between SQL and MS ACCESS?
- Do you know what a record is?
- Are you familiar with entering records and links?
- Can you consult records?
- Can you search records?
- Do you have experience importing data into systems?
- Are you familiar with queries?
If you answered "yes" to 2 or more of the experience questions and if you answered "yes" to 1 or more of the knowledge questions, we recommend taking the fast-paced training. This is our advice, but the decision is ultimately yours.
If you are unsure about which training is best for you, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have completed this Analytics training at DataExpert, you will receive a digital badge in addition to a diploma or certificate. This badge is easy to integrate on social media such as LinkedIn and is linked to your profile through the present metadata.
Are you working with version 8 and have you not yet made the switch to version 9? Upon request, it is possible to take the i2 iBase User training version 8. It is also possible to do a customised i2 iBase User training.