i2 iBase User
In this training you will learn to use relational databases in which all data relevant to your research can be entered, both manually and via import. You will also learn to search and analyze the data using Browse, Find, Queries, Search 360, Scored Matching, Create Sets and export data (to Analyst's Notebook).
i2 iBase is an intuitive relational database which allows you to store, visualize and explore data imported from a variety of sources in a structured format. In combination with i2 Analyst's Notebook you are equipped with a powerful technology for solving difficult crime cases, faster. In this four-day training course you will learn how i2 iBase can be used as a tool for answering questions such as ‘Find out if the people who meet the individual's profile may know each other’. The examples and exercises are derived from law enforcement cases (car theft an drug transport) and from the financial sector (fraud and money laundering). The training takes 3 days of taining and a refresher day a few weeks later. This allows for you to bring in a usage case and learn tricks and get tips that apply to your daily activities.
For whom is this training intended?
Investigators and analysts who are or will be importing, analysing and visualising data in a relational manner (for example, operational analysis). i2 iBase User is used (usually in combination with i2 Analyst's Notebook) by investigators and analysts, defense and larger commercial and government institutions.
What do you learn during the training?
- Create new records by entering data manually in the fields of entities and links.
- Perform extensive data searches, including Browse, Visual Queries, 360 Search and Scored Matching.
- Display records, compare, sort and search for duplicate data etc.
- Display data in an i2 iBase Link Chart and in i2 Analyst's Notebook.
- Integrate the data into i2 Analyst’s Notebook and create charts from i2 iBase.
- Set labels to entities in i2 Analyst's Notebook by using Labelling chemes.
- Perform basic calculations with the data.
- Enter data with data sheets, making data entry more efficient and less error-prone.
- Import records from a text file or from another application such as MS Excel.
- Edit or delete large numbers of records.
- Generate reports.
- Export records.
Please note: We advise to do this training following the i2 Analyst's Notebook training
When you have completed this Analytics training at DataExpert, you will receive besides a diploma or certificate also a digital badge. This badge is easy to integrate on social media platforms like LinkedIn and is linked to your profile through the present metadata.
Are you using version 8 and have you not yet made the switch to version 9? It is possible to request the i2 iBase User training in version 8.