Magnet AXIOM Advanced Mobile Forensics (AX300)
This is the continuation of the AX200 training. In this hands-on course, participants interactively learn how to deal with digital evidence found on mobile phones. The focus is on the traces found after Internet use, use of social media and apps on mobile devices. Magnet AXIOM goes beyond finding and processing of artifacts by enabling deep analysis using these tools to look at evidence in new ways. During this training, the following topics will be discussed: advanced techniques such as Chip-off, JTAG and ISP, and the operation of iOS and Android operating systems.
For whom is this training intended?
This four-day training course is designed for digital investigators from the forensics community such as police, defence, special task forces but also private investigative agencies. The course is suitable for advanced digital investigators, as well as those who have already completed the AXIOM AX200 training.
What do you learn during the training?
After the training, the participants will be able to:
- Configure Magnet AXIOM.
- Distinguish the different acquisition methods such as Chip-off, JTAG and ISP.
- Understand the iOS operating system and how to image Apple devices.
- Understand the Android operating system and how to image Android devices.
- Apply the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).
- Use the Dynamic App Finder.
- Determine the use of an encrypted container.
- Create XML artifacts and carve data from SQLite databases.
Each module makes use of an extensive basis of scenarios and hands-on exercises, in order to strengthen the learning objectives and give the participant further insight into the functionality of Magnet AXIOM and its application within the forensic workflow.
Watch the video below for an additional explanation of the AXIOM Advanced Mobile Forensics (AX300) training: