Cyber Crime Advanced
The fight against cyber crime calls for a coordinated investigative approach. The Cyber Crime Advanced course covers how to make even better use of opportunities for internet and computer technology in (cyber) investigations. Whereas anyone in investigations will, at some point, come into contact with cyber crime or digitised crime, there are those investigators and specialists who deal with these issues in their investigations daily. The Cyber Crime Advanced course allows these investigators and specialists to expand the knowledge, competences, and tools needed to perform these investigations with (even) greater efficiency.
For whom is this training intended?
This course is intended for anyone in investigations who actively deals with cyber crime or digitised crime investigations. Examples are detectives whose tasks emphasise cyber crime, team leads directing cyber crime specialists, and detectives intending to function as points for cyber crime contact in investigations teams. Participants are recommended to complete the Cyber Crime Basic successfully before taking part in this course.
What do you learn during this training module?
After completing this course, participants will be able to complete cyber crime investigations into secured data, and to consult others in cyber crime investigations. Topics covered as part of this process include:
- Current cyber crime trends and developments.
- National/European authorities and legal frameworks with regard to cyber crime.
- Investigating the front-ends of, for example, phishing websites or online stores.
- Investigating complex mail headers and DNS-records.
- Read-outs, investigations, and interpretations of data from secured data carriers.
- Conducting basic investigations on the darknet.
- Investigating and mapping IoT and connected devices.
This course is part of the Cyber Crime & Teams training trajectory that also includes the Basic and Professional courses. The training is supported through DataExpert’s e-learning platform, where participants can learn the theory through both text and short videos. The course is taught in English, and can be offered in both online and frontal-teaching formats.