Magnet AXIOM Advanced Computer Forensics (AX250)
This is the continuation of the AX200 training. In this hands-on course, participants interactively learn how to deal with digital evidence found on computers. The focus is on the traces found after Internet use, use of social media and apps. Magnet AXIOM goes beyond finding and processing of artifacts by enabling deep analysis using these tools to look at evidence in new ways. This course covers the following topics: advanced search methods in RAM memory, encryption, decrypting Windows passwords and searching for missing information in cache files.
Who is this training for?
This four-day training course is designed for digital investigators from the forensics community such as police, defence, special task forces but also private investigative agencies. The course is suitable for advanced digital investigators, as well as those who have already completed the AX200 training.
What do you learn during the training?
After the training, the participants will be able to:
- Configure Magnet AXIOM.
- Understand the operation of Windows 10 and its forensic implications.
- Use register locations and track volume serial numbers.
- Filter and search for relevant artifacts.
- Further investigate app data.
- Further investigate prefetch files.
- Determine the use of an encrypted container.
- Investigate iOS backups and use the AXIOM Wordlist Generator.
- Identify cloud data and further investigate a Gmail account.
Each module makes use of an extensive basis of scenarios and hands-on exercises, in order to strengthen the learning objectives and give the participant further insight into the functionality of Magnet AXIOM and its application within the forensic workflow.
Watch the video below for an additional explanation of the AXIOM Advanced Computer Forensics (AX250) training: