i2 Analyst's Notebook
During this four-day training course you will learn how to use i2 Analyst's Notebook as a tool in ansering complex questions such as 'Find out if there is a connection between a series of burglaries and a series of telephone conversations'. The examples and issues are derived from law enfrocement cases (car theft, drug transport, and robbery) and for the financial sector (fraud, money laundering, skimming, money laundering). You need to be using i2 Analyst's Notebook in your work to register.
For whom is this training intended?
The training is intended for researchers and analysts who are (or will be) involved in visualizing and (in-depth) analyzing research data (for tactical, strategic or operational analysis). i2 Analyst's Notebook is mainly used (usually in combination with iBase User) by analysts from the police, army, large private or government organizations, banks, non-profits and insurance companies. This training is also ideal for (prospective) students of the Analyzing Information (AvI) course of the Police Academy.
What do you learn during the training?
- Build timelines manually or by importing data from structured data format files.
- Build network charts manually or by importing data from structured data formats file.
- Import large amounts of data such as telephone calls and financial transactions from Excel and from text files.
- Apply several layout options to charts, such as Peacock Layout, Grouped by Time Layout and Minimise Crossed Links Layout.
- Use several search options, such as customized Visual Search, List Items and the Search Function.
- Use advanced Barcharts and Histograms functionalities to analyze complex charts and discover trends and anomalies. e.g. the HeatMatrix Analysis and Time Wheel are powerful ways to gain new insights.
- Search for duplicate entities with Smart Matching and solve entity conflicts by using Merge Entities.
- Recognize the most important players in a complex scheme with Social Network Analysis.
- Gain insight in the chart by using list items and analysis attributes.
- Apply Conditional Formatting rules (standard and custom) to reveal important information in the right context and to (automatically) outline relevant information.
Please note: We advise to do this training before stating iBase User training.
We also offer a fast-paced version of this training. The fast-paced training is aimed at attendees who already have experience with the program and/or who quickly pick up news (digital) skills. More information about the fast-paced training can be found here
When you have completed this Analytics training at DataExpert, you will receive besides a diploma or certificate also a digital badge. This badge is easy to integrate on social media platforms like LinkedIn and is linked to your profile through the present metadata.
Are you using version 8 and have you not yet made the switch to version 9? It is possible to request the i2 Analysts's Notebook training in version 8. It is also possible to follow tailor-made Analyst's Notebook training courses.