i2 iBase Designer
With i2 iBase Designer you can design relational databases into which all data relevant to your investigation can be entered. During this four-day training, you will learn how to design databases in i2 iBase that meet analysts' needs. As an example you will learn to design a relational database that allows you to investigate the transactions of a group of people for specific details such as meeting points, common transactions or calls made.
The examples and issues come from a variety of fields with various types and forms of data, including financial data, telecoms data, ICT data, forensic data and personal data.
The training takes 3 days of taining and a refresher day a few weeks later. This allows for you to bring in a usage case and learn tricks and get tips that apply to your daily activities.
For whom is this training intended?
The course is designed for database designers and analysts who are or will be involved in designing, creating and managing a relational database. In practice, i2 iBase Designer is mainly used (usually in combination with i2 Analyst's Notebook) by analysts from the police, defence, large private or government organisations, banks, non-profits and insurance companies.
What do you learn during the training?
- Designing a relational data model.
- Designing an iBase database, including multiple options for Security and Audit Levels.
- Creating the iBase database based on this design.
- Creating entities and links with associated semantic meanings.
- Creating different types of fields, including calculation fields, discriminator fields, index fields and standard fields.
- Adding attachments and degrees of certainty to fields.
- Indexing word search and search 360.
- Labelling schemes and creating chart attributes.
- Designing data sheets making input more efficient and less prone to error.
- Import records from structured data formats. Building, scheduling and storing these import specifications for reuse.
- Creating a template from a database.
- Repairing, compressing, managing and controlling a database.
- Managing and securing a database.
This training has been modified and now only covers database design and not usage. i2 iBase User knowledge is expected as prior knowledge for participation in this training.
Once you have completed this Analytics training at DataExpert, you will receive a digital badge in addition to a diploma or certificate. This badge is easy to integrate on social media such as LinkedIn and is linked to your profile through the present metadata.
Are you using version 8 and have you not yet made the switch to version 9? It is possible to request the i2 iBase User training in version 8. We can also deliver tailor-made trainings.