Chip-Off 2.0 Forensics Training
During the five-day Teel Tech Chip-Off Forensics training, participants learn how to remove memory chips from mobile devices like smartphones, prepare them and read them to acquire data using specialist equipment.
In the first half of the training, the focus is on comprehending the construction of the devices and how to best remove the chip without damaging it. Additionally, the participants get insight into the different memory structures of mobile devices (mobile phones, tablets, SSD hard drive etc.) and how the chip-off can be used to collect data.
In the second half of the training, participants learn the basic principles of the memory structure and how they can use available tools to read the chip's memory. Participants can put the acquired knowledge to practice by practising on a BlackBerry device containing data.
For whom is this training intended?
This Chip-Off training is intended for Participants who are familiar with the concept of raw data, have ample experience in analysing it and want to increase their knowledge of chip-off methodologies.
What will you learn during the training?
After following this training, the participants will have the following competencies:
- Removing a BGA chip from a device the proper way.
- Treatment and preparation of the chip for reading.
- Reading the chip to gain data.
- Applying tools and techniques to decode the information found.
- Practical knowledge about the chip-off process of a blocked, unlocked BlackBerry and then the use of forensic software to create and analyse the data dump.